12 February 2014
Sebel Surry Hills, NSW
Derel Wust, Managing Director spoke on “Interoperability Using Open-Systems Technologies for Rail Applications”. Derel’s topic covered:
- What is interoperability?
- Describing how the NSW Country Regional Network technology is working towards interoperable systems
- Using public telecommunications networks for rail safety applications
- Applying the best of internet technologies to improve rail services innovation
- Describing a general interoperability model for electronic rail systems
Delegate feedback on Derel’s presentation included:
“The message was almost more important than the content. Fairly controversial approach taken by the presenter which is very refreshing – the industry should be regularly challenged”.
“Gave an excellent answer to how open architecture should be”